We have a healthy menu here at Treetops Nursery Bootle. We are committed to providing all children with a healthy balanced diet to ensure that every child receives the Government guideline of 5+ pieces of fruit/vegetables a day whilst at nursery.
We consider mealtimes to be a social experience that gives the children a chance to communicate amongst themselves and with key carers and other staff.
Food and snacks are served throughout the day to ensure that children eat little and often.
A light breakfast is served at approximately 8.30am consisting of Toast / Cereal & Milk
Our children have snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon. It consists of a selection of fresh fruit/breadsticks or crudités with dips.
Our main meal is served at 11.45. Examples of food served are:
- Sweet Potato & Vegetable Korma with naan bread & rice followed by Egg Custard
- Spaghetti Bolognaise with garlic bread followed by Manchester Tart
- Fish Balls, homemade wedges & mushy peas followed by Chocolate Layer Cake
- Sausage, Bean & Lentil Casserole followed by Rice Pudding
- Roast Dinner with roast potatoes, mixed veg & gravy followed by Strawberry Mousse
Afternoon tea is served at 3pm and 3.30pm. Examples are:
- Mackerel Pâté, Crackers & Salad, Fruit
- Cheese Scones, Tomatoes, Banana Cake
- Chicken & Stuffing Sandwiches with vegetable fingers & dip, All Bran & Raisin Delights
- Shredded Ham Crackers with pickle and salad, Victoria Sponge Cake with cream & jam
- Cannellini Bean Wraps with olives, Fruit Pinwheels